How to Scan a Bite for EZ-Align Cases
Your EZ-Align cases rely on accurate scanning of the teeth, soft tissues, and occlusal relationship in order to be digitized properly and replicated in the 3D models. This will allow EZ-Align to fabricate the clear aligners that will correct your patient’s malocclusion.
1. Scan the upper and lower arches. Make sure all teeth and soft tissues up to 10mm above the gingival line are captured. If your case will need the EZ-X Appliance, you will need to capture the entire palate of the upper arch, including the second molars (if erupted).
2. Request the patient to put the teeth at maximum intercuspation for a centric bite registration.
3. The result will be a fully scanned model with the correct bite registration with the patient at centric occlusion. Our technicians will always double-check the occlusion against the intra-oral photos you have provided.
4. The bite registration is stored digitally; it can be reproduced at any time with 100% accuracy.
Important Information for Scanning EZ-Align Cases
When scanning your patient, always keep in mind the desired appliance and tooth movement, visualizing areas that will be incorporated in its use and fabrication. This will ensure proper turnaround time and accuracy of the fabricated appliance. Please refer to the table below for our scanning requirements.
|Appliance||Upper Palate Needed||Bite Needed||Include Second Molars||Margin Extensions||Special Instructions|
|EZ-Align||No||Yes||Yes, if appliance design includes them||10mm extension beyond gingival margin||Please provide scans for upper and lower arches for the following cases:
1. Retraction of upper anterior teeth or labial movement of the lower anterior teeth.
2. Establishing Class 1 canine or molar relation are required.
3. Moving Posterior teeth.
Remove all fixed appliances attached on the labial and lingual surfaces.
|EZ-Clear Retainer||No||No||Yes, if appliance design includes them||10mm extension beyond gingival margin||Remove all fixed appliances attached on the labial and lingual surfaces.|
|EZ-X||Yes||Yes||Yes||10mm extension beyond gingival margin||Remove all fixed appliances attached on the labial and lingual surfaces.|